Benefits for contractors?

I work as an intern for NPS through the Greening Youth Foundation. I believe that the contract is with them and then I am subcontracted. An executive order by Obama says federal contractors are entitled to paid sick leave. Am I covered? Should I be compensated for health insurance?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 2, Answers: 1)
Asked on February 1, 2017 3:15 am
Private answer

Executive Order 13706 signed September 7, 2016, established paid sick leave for covered employees up to 7 days per year. This new EO did not become effective until January 1, 2017, and having a new president, I do not know if this is something that might change. Having said that, here is a link for the EO. https://www.dol.gov/whd/govcontracts/eo13706/ The final rule describes the categories of contracts and identifying which employees are covered by the EO; accrual and use of paid sick leave; obligations of contracting agencies, the DOL, and covered Federal contractors and much more. As for health insurance, the Affordable Care Act dictates that employers provide, depending on the number employees, health insurance coverage. Not knowing exactly your situation, I cannot respond to your question of whether you should be compensated for health insurance, but as a former federal employee, I was not compensated for my health insurance, it was a benefit offered, I elected the plan best suited for my family and I paid for coverage with the employer contributing towards the overall cost of the premiums.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 296)
Answered on February 1, 2017 6:57 pm