Can I transfer to another agency during the shutdown if the recieving agency is funded?


Is it possible to transfer to another agency if given a EOD, with the shutdown still on, if the receiving agency is funded? If this is not possible, is it feasible to terminate my employment from my current employer until I receive an EOD to the new position?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on January 16, 2019 6:18 pm

yes. although from an HR perspective, it may need to be processed as a new appointment (with you separating from your old agency. There should be no break in service. I haven’t seen OPM’s guidance on how to process personnel actions with effective dates during the shutdown.

( at January 16, 2019 10:05 pm)