Can you buy back AGR time (Title 32) and have it apply to FERS?

Answer Question

I’m currently a Air Natl Guard Technician (GS-9), our unit wants to rotate us around like active duty, for example creating AGR positions (Title 32) that are essentially three year jobs. I just want to know can I buy back that three years of AGR time and have it apply to my FERS retirement?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on July 16, 2018 8:56 pm


Private answer

Yes, as long as your Title 32 time was interrupting civilian service creditable under FERS, it was full time active duty and you were entitled to pay from the US for the service.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 586)
Answered on July 17, 2018 4:52 pm