Can you buy back annual leave upon returning to federal service?


I have recently returned to federal employment after a few years in the private sector. When I left I received a lump sum payment for unused annual leave. Is there an option to buy back that leave in order to build my leave bank faster?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on December 18, 2019 12:42 am
Private answer

Unfortunately not. The good news is if you left your retirement contributions in the retirement fund, your service picks up where it left off and if you have more than 3 years of service, you begin earning annual leave at the 6 hours per pay period rate.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 594)
Answered on December 18, 2019 12:46 am