CSRS retiree going on Medicare; spouse is still working and age 62 can he stay on my FEHB

I am CSRS retiree turning 62 in October and getting ready to apply for Medicare. I retired in June 2017. I currently have Blue Cross/Blue Shield and live in Michigan. My spouse in 62 and still working and is covered under my FEHB plan. Can he still stay on my FEHB plan if I keep it with whatever Medicare plan I pick? He has been under my FEHB for 15 years.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 1)
Asked on July 10, 2019 3:08 pm

The question is what happens to my husband’s health care benefits as he is only 62 and works in the private sector? Is he still covered by my FEHB?

( at July 12, 2019 1:38 pm)
Private answer

As a CSRS retiree, you can elect Medicare in addition to your BC/BS however, Medicare does not become available until you and/or your spouse turn age 65, not 62.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 484)
Answered on July 10, 2019 3:53 pm
Private answer

If you or your spouse are under the age of 65, you are a retiree and he is still working, you can both remain under your FEHB policy. If you become Medicare eligible before your spouse, he can remain under your FEHB as long as you retain a family option in addition to you being covered by Medicare.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 484)
Answered on July 12, 2019 2:18 pm