Do I need to submit my divorce decree to OPM if my ex-spouse has waived interest in FERS pension


I was divorced 10-years ago and my ex-spouse received 50% of my TSP, but waived any interest or claim in my federal pension. The answer to the OPM question would be “No” I do not have an ex-spouse with any interest or claim to my pension. Some say I need to attached the divorce decree and others say no, only if ex-spouse has an interest or decree was silent. I am confused as to what to do.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on July 10, 2018 10:00 pm
Private answer
The instructions for the SF-3107, Application for Immediate Retirement, are very clear, the divorce decree is only required if the former spouse is entitled to either a portion of your annuity or a survivor benefit. By signing this document you are certifying your responses are true. Instructions from retirement application, Item 2: Indicate whether you have a living former spouse to whom a court order awards a survivor annuity or a portion of your retirement benefits based on your Federal employment. If you answer “yes,” you must submit a certified copy of the court order and any attachments or amendments.
Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 398)
Answered on July 11, 2018 2:18 pm