FERS Law Enforcement Special SS Supplement

Answer Question

My FERS special supplement stopped due to me making over the limit in 2018. It stopped in July 2019.
How does it work for me to get it back. How long does it take, if in 2020 I do not make over the limit?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on October 28, 2019 8:45 pm


Private answer

To apply for reinstatement of your FERS Retiree Annuity Supplement, you should send copies of your most receive tax returns and all related W2s and/or 1099s to Office of Personnel Management, Retired Surveys and Students Branch, 1900 E Street, NW, Washington, DC 20415-3562. Just like OPM lags in reducing or phasing out your supplement, it lags in reinstating it. Be persistent and follow-up by calling OPM.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 586)
Answered on October 28, 2019 11:28 pm