Tax withholding from retirement annuity?


I would like to have federal and state tax withheld from my retirement annuity from the beginning. Is this possible, and if so how to I set this up?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on July 6, 2017 2:13 pm
Private answer

During interim payments of your pension, the Office of Personnel Management will only withhold federal tax. If you want state tax withheld, it will commence when you retirement is finally adjudicated. Here are two links from the OPM site stating their policy.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 575)
Answered on July 7, 2017 2:05 pm