Leave without pay to get to minimum retirement age?

Answer Question

In order to follow my spouse abroad, I would like to retire at age 56 and 3 months. I will have 30 years of service at that time, but my minimum retirement age is 56 and 8 months. Is it possible for me to go on leave without pay for 5 months and then retire?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on August 1, 2018 8:10 pm


Private answer

As you are aware, you must reach your Minimum Retirement Age with 30 years of service to retire. Approval of any leave is at the discretion of your agency. Depending on your agency policy and the circumstances of your husband going abroad, your agency might very well approve this LWOP. Put your request in writing and good luck!

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 589)
Answered on August 1, 2018 8:30 pm