Military time combined with federal service time


Are my 7 years and 9 months of active duty, honorable discharge, able to be combined with my 10 years of federal service towards retirement?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on December 21, 2020 8:44 pm
Private answer

In most cases yes as long as a deposit to cover those years/month of service is complete. Depending on what agency you work for, you complete Form RI-20-97 and send along with your DD-214s to your military pay center. They will tell you your basic earning while in the military. Taken that to your HRO. You will owe 3% of the amount plus interest on the unpaid balance if you have worked for the government for more than 3 years. Once the deposit is complete, that time now counts towards your FERS and your Social Security benefits.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 320)
Answered on December 21, 2020 10:40 pm