Once found ‘Restored’ from FERS disability, will I be eligible for a DSR?

I was retired on FERS Disability in 2008 with 22 years 10 months creditable service, in 2016 I exceeded the 80% income rule and was declare restored. Am I now eligible to draw a DSR? If so, will any time as a disability annuitant be creditable?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on February 5, 2018 10:45 pm
Private answer

Unfortunately, your time collecting disability does not count towards your DSR. Here is an excerpt from the OPM Handbook on that topic:
Annuity Rights Upon Termination of Disability Annuity When Not Reemployed
A. General
If an annuitant’s disability benefits are terminated because he or she recovered from the disability or was restored to earning capacity, and the individual is not reemployed in a position subject to the retirement system, he or she is deemed involuntarily separated as of the date the annuity terminates, and may qualify for an annuity based on that deemed separation. The various situations in which an annuity may be payable are discussed below.
NOTE: Although the individual is deemed to be involuntarily separated, he or she does not receive service credit for the period of time he or she was an annuitant, except for those portions of the period when he or she was actually employed.
A discontinued service annuity begins the day after the disability annuity stops if –
* The annuitant is at least age 50 when the disability annuity stops and has at least 20 years of service; or
* The annuitant, regardless of age, has 25 or more years of service.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 452)
Answered on February 5, 2018 11:09 pm