How can I verify that OPM has checked my social security eligibility?

SSA told me I lack the required credits to qualify for social security payments.

I am CSRS retired and will turn age 62 in June 2017. I started working for the federal government before October 1, 1982, and received credit for my military service in the computation of my CSRS pension without making the deposit.

I understand that the OPM “one-time check” for my situation will occur at age 62. Because I will not qualify for Social Security, I do not expect to have my CSRS pension reduced.

However, when and how is this check accomplished? When will I be notified and can the check be verified through SSA?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on January 9, 2017 4:55 pm
Private answer

John Grobe says: OPM contacts Social Security three months prior to your 62nd birthday. If you are not eligible for Social Security benefits, Social Security responds to that effect. You will not be notified by OPM that they checked. You can always check with Social Security; and it appears you have. If they tell you that you do not have enough credits to be eligible, then that’s what they’ll tell OPM when OPM checks.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 12, Answers: 18)
Answered on January 24, 2017 5:39 pm