SCD Civ vs SCD Leave and FERS Retierment Caculation

I’ve bought back my military time which shows in my Service Computation Date Leave (84) but my Civilian SCD (88) is different. I’m planning towards retirement and what are the chances that my SCD (84) will be used vs the SCD (88)? That 4% added to the FERS calculation is significant. There seems to be nothing that guarantees the buy back SCD date is used and makes it difficult to plan retirement with this unknown, any thoughts?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 1)
Asked on September 28, 2018 2:58 pm
Private answer

Unfortunately, agencies use different information. Based on your question, your SCD for leave (84) includes your military service however, your SCD for civilian service (88) should not since your military service, unless it interrupted your civilian service, would not be listed as “civilian” service, even if the deposit was satisfied. Somewhere you should have a Retirement SCD, if you do not see it anywhere, contact your HRO and ask them to provide you with information on how they reached your retirement SCD. Since you have made the military deposit, it should be reflected on your retirement SCD meaning it will count towards both eligibility and computation adding that 4% to your annuity.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 452)
Answered on October 1, 2018 12:03 am
Private answer

Thanks, I will look and/or ask about my retirements SCD. This is the first time I’ve even heard of the retirement SCD.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 1)
Answered on October 1, 2018 11:56 am
Private answer

Unfortunately, your response does not surprise me. You see your leave SCD everywhere, but your retirement SCD is usually not visible without asking!

Blocked by moderator
Answered on October 1, 2018 1:42 pm

I found it at this web sight, actually a good resource for a lot of my information to include the SCD and a calculation of my estimated annuity.
https://w45.afpc.randolph.af.mil/afpcsecurenet40/CheckPortal.aspx

( at October 2, 2018 12:37 pm)
Private answer

The link you provided is an internal website for employees of your agency. I am glad you found this information.

Blocked by moderator
Answered on October 2, 2018 2:35 pm