Will I be asked to repay the FEHB premiums paid during retirement processing?

It’s been almost 6 months since I retired. Will I get a bill for FEHB premiums after my annuity is finalized?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on June 20, 2017 3:23 pm
Private answer

The quick answer is NO. This is because the Office of Personnel Management only sends you interim payments until your retirement is finalized. Upon finalization, they will send you a booklet explaining everything they have paid you, everything they still owe you and your FEHB premiums will be taken out at that time. Here is some information from the OPM website:
Withholdings from interim payments
We only withhold Federal income tax. You may find that the Federal income taxes withheld from your first interim payment will be higher than the Federal tax withholdings from your subsequent interim payments and regular annuity. We will make any necessary tax withholding adjustment when we finish processing your application. Your health and life insurance coverage will continue while you are receiving interim pay. We will begin withholding health and life insurance premiums retroactive to the commencing date of your annuity, when we finish processing your application.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 147)
Answered on June 21, 2017 2:59 pm