Will I still receive FERS supplement if I have 2 years LWOP over 1040 hours?

I have 2 years in which I exceeded 1040 hours of leave without pay. HR already pushed my RCD forward to reflect this. I still have 30 years 7 months on my annuity estimate. Will this LWOP time be treated the same for the supplement?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 1)
Asked on August 17, 2018 2:08 pm
Private answer

Eligibility for the FERS Retiree Annuity Supplement and calculation of the supplement will produce two totally responses . If your question is will you receive the supplement even though you had excess LWOP, the answer is YES. Since your agency has appropriately amended your retirement service computation date to reflect the excess LWOP and you still have 30 or more years of service and you are retiring at your MRA or older, but younger than age 62, you are eligible for the supplement. OPM uses actual pay for purposes of computing the supplement which is only pay that is subject to retirement deductions (that is, basic pay) up to the Social Security maximum taxable wage base. For detailed information on calculating the supplement, please see the CSRS FERS Handbook,, Chapter 51: https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/publications-forms/csrsfers-handbook/c051.pdf

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 303)
Answered on August 17, 2018 3:15 pm

Thank you so much!

( at August 18, 2018 9:24 am)