Recent changes to USAJOBS intended to make it easier to search for jobs have made it necessary take certain steps if you want to continue receiving automated notifications on your saved searches, or continue running your saved searches.
First, following are key changes:
* You can now search for jobs by different hiring paths/eligibilities. You can now search by individuals with disabilities, military spouses, students and recent grads, veterans, and Peace Corps and VISTA Alumni, and more. There is a list of all our unique hiring paths and eligibilities on the USAJOBS landing page (USAJOBS.gov). The update adds new filters based on applicant eligibility.
* You can now use one or more filters to search by pay, department, work schedule, and more. As an additional benefit, searches results automatically update as you click on a new filter.
* Basic and advanced search options have been combined into one search view, which should yield better and more relevant results. While the advanced search option will no longer be visible, you will still have the same search capabilities using the new filter options.
* There is new search technology to deliver faster and more relevant job search results.
All searches that you established prior to April 8, 2017, have been archived. If you want to receive your existing search, you must create a new saved search, or unarchive an old saved search. To unarchive a saved search follow these steps:
1. Sign into your USAJOBS account.
2. Go to your profile and the Saved Search tab
3. Click Archived — any saved search made before April 8 will appear under the Archived link.
4. Click the name of the saved search you want to unarchive.
5. Click the Unarchive Search button – this will move your saved search back to the Active Saved Search tab. into your USAJOBS account.
6. Go to your profile and the Saved Search tab
7. Click Archived — any saved search made before April 8 will appear under the Archived link.
8. Click the name of the saved search you want to unarchive.
9. Click the Unarchive Search button – this will move your saved search back to the Active Saved Search tab.
USAJOBS has created a short video describing how to unarchive a saved search:
Until you unarchive your saved searches or create new ones, you will not receive any saved search email notifications, nor will you be able to run them from USAJOBS.gov.